Philippine Top Destinations

Philippine Top Destinations

Oktubre 5, 2012

BASILICA MINORE


By: Jomilyn Mabini
             
    I have learned about this historical church, where Our Lady of Penafrancia's image is enshrined, when I opted to have my degree taken in Ateneo, three and a half years ago.

        I admired that church, the first time I laid my eyes on that 3 decades year old structure. The 17th century old image of the Virgin Mary from a spaniard (source wikipedia) made it more special and memorable to visit. Tourists may drop by anytime because of its accessibility and open to public visit anytime of the year, however if someone likes to have a festive feel, visit the ever welcoming city of naga in september to celebrate the feast of nuestra senora de penafrancia. One will enjoy the sights and sound of the Military Parade and feel about a 'real' devotee by joining the traslacion and watch the fluvial parade. 
        
         As I end my journey at my Alma Mater, there are a lot of things and happenings in Naga that i will surely missed, one of those is the house of "Ina"- BASILICA MINORE.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento